Cascade Clean - Procter & Gamble - Cascade Ruined My Dishes and Terrible Customer Service!!!

I used Cascade Liquid Gel Detergent to do a couple of loads of dishes. I was horrified to find out that all my dishes came out with this awful white film on them. So, I then proceeded to wash and rewash. The film would not come off, my dishes looked terrible and I didn't even feel comfortable eating off of them! I contacted Cascade online. A lady named Tenecia S. tried to tell me that it was from "etching" and that I need to check my dishwasher or hard water. It was not the fault of Cascade! Well, funnily enough, no other detergent had caused that problem. I replied relaying that information to her and she responded by saying that she would mail me a $10 coupon so I could purchase yet more Cascade. I replied and let her know I don't want more Cascade, I don't want more dishes ruined, I have wasted enough electricity and I now have incomplete sets because I cannot have myself, my family or even my cats eat from them, I read that that white film can be toxic!

Tenecia S. then told me to call the local number that was on the bottle, couldn't even give me the phone number herself because funnily enough when I found the number she herself answered the phone! I again explained the damage. She offered me a $100 certificate to replace my dishes. The cost of replacing my dishes with the separated sets plus running my dishwasher over and over trying to remove that stuff was more like $750! She said okay she would send me claim forms to my address. What she ended up sending me were claim forms for LAUNDRY DETERGENT! By this time, I am getting livid. I am beginning to feel this is deliberate. I wrote to her and said can you please send the correct forms? She said, sure, sorry about that and promises to send me the claim forms for Cascade, but then instead sends me a request for the Cascade Bottle so their laboratory can analyze it with a disclaimer the bottle may get "destroyed" in the process. No claim forms to fill out similar to the laundry detergent ones. I write back well there would go my evidence - I said I will be more than happy to send you a sample of the detergent plus some of my dishes at your expense. Then, to add insult to injury, I get a response from her like she doesn't even who I am all of a sudden, with the same generic answer she sent me the first time "in order for me to assist you better, you will need to call the number on the product". By now, I am about losing it as I have a huge pile of unusable dishes sitting in a box and a very small amount that I can even eat off that were lucky enough to escape the dishwasher the fateful day I used Cascade. I had to go buy some temporary dishes - again more money out of my pocket! That was close to $100 and I don't have that kind of money to waste.

My final straw and attempt to this company was to write a complaint letter to the Corporate office telling them of this whole stressful and unprofessional treatment I had received and I have heard not heard a word back - this has been about a over a month now! I am so fed up with this company and their horrible shady customer service and the inconvenience it has caused to my life. I will probably now have to waste yet more time taking them to small claims court. They will not even help me, they lie about forms, they don't care about their customers. My warning, do not use Procter & Gamble's Cascade!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Cascade Dishwasher Cleaner
Review category
review #559364 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cascade Clean? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 04 #1088723

Try a combination of Lemi Shine (original, not the detergent) in the main wash compartment and Finish with the power ball just thrown in the bottom of the dishwasher. I have hard water and if I don't use Lemi Shine my dishes have a film on them. Other detergents in combination with the Lemi Shine work ok, but not as well as the Finish with the power ball.

Aug 11, 2015 #1018303

Right, who needs the extra work? Why bother buy dishwasher detergent when you could just handwash them in the first place. I am all about the environment and if there is a choice between protecting the furry animals and handwashing dishes -I will take handwashing dishes anyday. I am just not getting the logic behind putting out a product that leaves your dishes so cloudy and gross or believing that some kind of toxic residue is not left behind for people to ingest.

0 1 Reply

Aug 11, 2015 #1018274

I had the exact same problem! So disappointed and irritated

Jan 05 #1089159 Laguna Niguel, California

I hate doing dishes. If you pay for a dishwasher and detergent, you should be able to put them in there without going through five other steps!

0 0 Reply

Jul 26, 2015 #1012139

I had the same exact problem. They tried to say other things like use their rinse aid. And make sure to have hot water going first and all this and that. Even after saying that their rise aid and all the other stuff didn't work either they just ignored me. But all my dishes were glass or metal so I just had to hand wash all of them and it came off. But even before washing by hand I did them in washer multiple times with different soap and even just water. It was no help

Jul 26, 2015 #1012232

I tried white vinegar it helped a little. You have to do it a few times unfortunately so there goes your water bill, power bill and vinegar bill! I put it in the dishwasher along with a different brand of detergent. However, what a lot of work and energy - what is the point of using a dishwasher in the first place? Sorry to hear you went through this also. It really is irritating and I have other things to do. Anyway, that was the only thing that did help, so it's worth a try :)

0 0 Reply

Feb 03, 2015 #940773

You spend $100 on temp dishes and claim not to have money to spend? You dont mention once asking to speak to a superviser. Do the dishes you washed say "hand was only?" I apologize for being so forward but are you even competent? It seems like you over exaggerated a situation. Pursue immediate help.

1 3 Reply

Jul 26, 2015 #1012227 Laguna Niguel, California

What are you losers even on this forum for - what I don't have the right to express my unhappiness with a product on a website designed for that? And if you do your research Einstein - that film is considered toxic - is not made from fruit and leaves - ***! Are you mad because I have a $100 and you don't???

2 1 Reply

Nov 18, 2014 #902495

Horrified? BWAAHAHAHAAHAH, and you put "Cascade Toxic Film" as a tag? *** a$$

1 3 Reply

Nov 22, 2014 #904655 Laguna Niguel, California

Yes, "Anonymous". That's an interesting last name you have. I'm guessing your first name is Coward! Additionally, why would you even care unless you work for the company? They are my dishes, my financial loss, my inconvenience, so next time you want to make such a lame or what you most likely feel is a "brave and smart" comment, at least be a man/woman about it and put your identity, lol!

1 4 Reply

Feb 03, 2015 #940775

No wonder! You're from california! Makes perfect sense now lol!

0 1 Reply

Feb 04, 2015 #941228 Laguna Niguel, California

Yes, I live in California, however I am from New Zealand. Sorry, about that, genius. Why the hate? I don't have the right to complain about a product that I wasn't satisfied with on a website intended for that purpose? And you have nothing better to do than write *** ignorant comments from the "safety" of your desk chair which most likely has a huge indentation on it, because my guess is your equally huge *** never moves off of it! Where are you from "bloke"? Another coward who likes to pretend he is such a bad boy, yet too much of a scaredy cat to even put up his location. I dare you to say that to the face of anybody who lives in California - but again that would involve some kind of movement from you away from your computer and some real confrontation and we all know that's not going to happen, lol

1 0
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cascade Clean. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Cascade Clean.
Filing a new complaint about